April 03, 2009

so easy. and yet, so sinful!

Surely most of you already know about this dessert. I am usually behind on this sort of thing. But I figured, if it's new to me, maybe it will be to someone else.

So...I found out about these here, you will also find better pictures there too...it was raining here on the day I made this, no good sunshine for a pic...so there's one picture without flash, one with, both are super crappy pics, but trust me, the brownies are not!




Just get yourself one box of brownie mix (I used the "family" size), one package of chocolate chip cookie mix. Mix them both up as directed, in separate bowls. Spread brownie batter into a buttered 13 x 9 inch pan. Drop cookie dough by rounded spoonfuls onto brownie batter already in pan. Press the dough down a little bit. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 35 minutes or until done. Let them cool for about an hour. Then top with glaze or frosting.

I used a different glaze than Bakerella did, and it was perfect. Just melt 1 cup chocolate chips and 4 tablespoons butter in the microwave and then stir in 2 tablespoons corn syrup and stir until smooth. Spread over top of brownies and let sit until the glaze is set. You can put it in the fridge to speed up the process.

These were YUMMY! I cut them all up into small bars, took half the pan to work with me and left the other half for my family. To say they were a HUGE hit would be putting it mildly :-)

Now go and make them.... ASAP. Your peeps will love you for it!

PS. I did notice, when I went to buy the mixes for this, that Betty Crocker makes a brownie mix with the cookie dough mix already in the same box, but doing it this other way, it just seemed like they would be thicker, but who knows! These were pretty thick :-)

8 comments:

Rachel S-H said...

Those do look divine.

CindyMae said...

Those look so very yummy!!! I will try them for sure!!! When you said they were thick that made me want them even more! I love thick brownies!! Thanks for sharing this! By the way, it is new to me too!

Alice said...

I cannot find Brownie mix in France! Alice pouting. I will just have to lick it off the screen to taste it. Looks awfully good and my hips are screaming don't you dare!!!
Alice

Tammy said...

Uh oh. Those are bad news! Just a little too easy to inhale the whole pan! YUM!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

They look delicious! I printed your post so I can try them. Love the pics of the pugs ~ the one of Astro is just too cute!

Brigitte said...

They look heavenly and I'm sure they also taste heavenly.

Poly said...

looks delicious:)
Andrea,Do you have e-mail? I want to ask you a question

Jan said...

OH goodness, going to have to try these! Know my daughters will appreciate the recipe too, thanks! And I had never heard of doing this before!!