September 22, 2008

pie, again. and a queen

OK, let me just say, the chocolate chip cookie pie was AWESOME. Beyond awesome! After everyone else had eaten a piece of the buttermilk pie, this one came out of the oven and it was all I could do to not just get myself a fork and have at it, all by myself! But I waited about an hour, cut just one piece and then fell over and died from happiness. When I came to, warnings were issued to NOT TOUCH IT, it's mine. But then when I cut into it the next day, my maternal instincts took over and I shared. Reluctantly. Because, as good as it was warm, it was even better at room temp! Awesomely awesome pie, that's all I'm gonna say about that.



And here is the recipe.....

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell (I used the recipe for pie crust that I posted below)

2 large eggs

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened

1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate morsels

1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven 325 degrees. Beat eggs in large mixer bowl on high until foamy.
Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter.
Stir in morsels and nuts and spoon into pie shell.
Bake for 55-60 minutes.
Cool on wire rack.


Go make it asap, you won't regret it!

And in stitchy news, I finished up this little cutie, Queen Sheep from Shepherd's Bush...



which is already on it's way to Deb to be finished :)



Have a good week my friends, thank you for all of your sweet comments, you make blogging fun!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Queen Sheep is so cute!

your pie sounds delicious, have you ever thought of getting into sales or advertising?

BugnLVoe said...

TeeHee Sharing is good. LOL!!!!

The maple syrup apple pie I made last week, I ate half by myself!!!! I loved it! Pie is good! :-)

XOXO

Nancy said...

Thank you for sharing your recipe Andrea, and I loved reading about the pie too!

Your Queen Sheep is so adorable, and I see those perfectly executed stitches once again! Can't wait to see the finish of your finish!

Sharon said...

Cute finish! Thanks for the pie recipe-I must try this!

Rachel V said...

Yum-o!

Rachel V said...

Sorry I was so taken with the pie that I forgot to say - cute finish! LOL. :)

Rachel V said...

I made this pie right away on Tuesday, only I used a prepared pie crust. YUM-O!! We served it with vanilla ice cream. Totally awesome - thanks.

Melissa said...

Andrea-Chocolate Chip Pie is a family favorite around here. My mother discovered the recipe back in the late 70s when company brought one for dessert after a cookout one night.

It's hard to believe something so easy can taste soooooo good.

Thanks a lot, now I'm craving one of these. I usually only make them around the holidays!

Unknown said...

Andrea I found you!!!! I'm spending my late night on the blue ball oohing and ahhing over your amazing stitching! I miss it so much! Your posts are so entertaining, got to go, I'm busy reading! Elizabeth

Andrea said...

Glad you tried it and liked it Rachel, yippee!!
Happy to see you Eliabeth (my twin, lol)!
Melissa, I think this recipe has been around since the 70's or probably earlier, but I just now found it in an old pamplet, lol!

Jenny Holiday & Aaron said...

Oh cmonnnnn!!! Will I evvver be able to diet???

This pie looks insane!!!
thanks alot!!! LOL!!

Gonna have to make it this weekend!! ; )

Thanks bunches for visiting my blog!!

Happy Fall!!
xoxo Jenny

Michelle said...

Great finish! Both of those pies look yummy! I may have to come to your house!