April 01, 2007

their song

Here's my latest finish, finally!



(click on image for larger picture)


This is the latest in the Loose Feathers Series by Blackbird Designs and is called Their Song. I used the recommended fabric and threads. It took me so long to finish this one...just couldn't get into my usual stitching groove the past couple of weeks, I think Steve's death has put me in a funk and it's been hard to get things done in other areas as well. But, it was a joy to stitch, one of my all time favorites. Can't wait to see the rest in this series this year, they're all going to be bird related. And I love birds!



edited to add: I had forgotten to do the backstitching on the cherry vines part along the top, DUH! Fixed it though :)

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Andrea this is gorgeous! I can't believe you already have it stitched and so beautifully. I haven't even received mine in the mail yet - maybe tomorrow! I also love birds and am looking forward to the rest of this series. I have Bluebird's Message, but I haven't stitched it yet either. Maybe I should put these two at the top of my to do list!

Thanks for sharing,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Great finish! I'm almost 3/4 done with this piece and I'm loving every stitch! I think it's going to be one of my all-time favourites too :)

Tobie said...

Beautiful!! I didn't know that this years Loose Feathers would all be bird related. The first two 'bird' themed samplers have been awesome for sure! You're making me want to start a BBD, I think it's been a while since I worked on one. :)

Mscutiepatootie said...

Andrea I consider to be amazed by your beautiful stitching.
Love,
Nancy