May 05, 2010

an oldie and a winner

First things first, the winner of the Mary's Best Handework chart is Alice from France! Alice, I'll be emailing you soon for your mailing address!

Here's the oldie I was referring to in the title:



The design is from Blackbird Designs, but I can't really recall which book it's from. Maybe Summer Souvenir? **edited to add - the design is from the Tokens of Friendship book** It was stitched on 40 ct. Autumn Gold from R&R, with one strand overdyed threads, whatever it called for :-) The fabric is much darker in person than what's showing here.
Someone (can't remember who, sorry), had posted a picture of this design on their blog and it made me remember that I had stitched it! Knew it was in the finished pile, not yet framed, so I went digging for it. Can hardly believe it's been 6 years since I stitched it! Goodness! So it will be headed to the framers this weekend, about time, don't-cha-think? That finished pile really needs some working on, that much is true :-)

Have a great week y'all!

22 comments:

Karen said...

How pretty is that! Don't remember this design. Can't wait to see if framed. Thanks for sharing.

Ranae said...

Very pretty BBD finish.
Congrats! to Alice

Cari-in-VA said...

Congrats to Alice! Love your finish and can't wait to see how you frame it!

Have a good wee.k Andrea

Melissa said...

Love-ly!

Margaret said...

You definitely need to get this framed! Gorgeous!

Natasha said...

Fantastic finish I look forward to the framing picture :)

Catherine said...

Very pretty - I'll be watching to see what frame you choose!

Lois said...

Looking forward to seeing this framed. It's such a lovely piece!

Alice said...

Oooh, I am so happy I won the chart!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you Andrea!!! I am definately stitching it and real soon. I was completely enchanted when I saw it stitched. I am so chuffed now and smiling from ear to ear. : )
Such a pretty oldie from BB in your finished pile. I don't remember EVER seeing the design but I do have a thing for those "When you see this" charts with that writing.
Lovely colours too.
Have a great weekend too.
Hugs
Alice

Nancy said...

I love the colors in your sampler. Your stitching always makes everything beautiful!

Congratulations to Alice!

Carol said...

Congratulations to Alice!

What a lovely BBD--the colors are just beautiful. Will be back to see it all framed up :)

Katrina said...

I have a couple pieces that need to be framed. For the most part, I frame as I go. I love you ladies that have piles ;-). It's gorgeous and I can't wait to see how you frame it.

Melanie said...

Very pretty!!!

K-G Knitter said...

That's a very pretty BBD finish!

Julie M said...

Beautiful finish! Can't wait to see it framed.

BuckeyeBetsy said...

Love it!

Siobhan said...

Congratulations to Alice!!

I love that BBD, Andrea. I can't wait to see what frame you choose--you have the best taste in frames!

Have a great Mother's Day weekend!

Sharon said...

Andrea, I love that finish! It's gorgeous. You must remember the book-it's not Souvenirs as I have that one and I had to go look.LOL

angelasweby said...

Andrea, Remember Me looks absolutely lovely. I really like the colours. How amazing that you stitched it 6 years ago, poor little thing. Lucky you saw it on someone's blog and made the pretty sentiment come true :>)
Well done to Alice on winning the giveaway.
Angela xx

mainely stitching said...

That really is a gorgeous piece - so glad you dug it out and will get it framed!

Joy said...

So I'm not the only one to stitch and collect "piles"! I can't believe that book is that old; now I remember stitching "Summer's Souvenir" for the book. Can't wait to see it framed!

Michelle said...

Beautiful! I love that you saw this piece on another blog and went digging for yours. Time to have it framed for sure!