January 11, 2007

all about cake



Out of all things I'd planned on doing/making for Christmas, making this cake is one of those things that didn't get done, that I actually was sorry about.

Until now that is.




It's the Irish Cream Cake!



and it's something that I've made for just about every holiday since finding the recipe on allrecipes.com several years ago.

You can find it here:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Irish-Cream-Bundt-Cake/Detail.aspx

(sorry, I can't get the html to work for posting a link so you'll have to copy and paste).

The real trick to this recipe coming out great is beating the batter for the full 5 minutes and putting ALL of the glaze on the cake. It does take a long time to do it, you have to put it on, go do something else, come back, put some more on, etc. Use a pastry brush and keep slathering it on. It's worth the trouble, trust me.

This cake is very, very moist and delicious!




Next time I make this, I am going to use chocolate cake mix, chocolate pudding mix and Kahlua. A reviewer on allrecipes said they did it that way and it turned out great. Sounds good to me, I'll let you know how it turns out ;)

How do you like my vintage cake carrier? In my favorite color, orange!



Found it on ebay a year or so ago, it's in almost mint condition and is great for hauling cakes around in, or just sittin' pretty on your counter.

With a cake in it, of course!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Looks very yummy, how about sending some my way. :)