January 08, 2007

what's goin' on

Because I know you all are SO interested ;) ...
here's what I'm up to at the beginning of the New Year.

Working on this:



It's my CHS Village of Hawk Run Hollow and I am only on the second block, which seems to be pretty time consuming probably because of the huge hill all filled in and then these PITA trees:



It's being stitched on 40 ct. over 2 with one strand of DMC....and can I just say....OMG, how I have NOT liked these trees!
I put it all aside earlier today to resume working on this:



because my threads that I needed for the house came in and I could get back to it.
Love the colors and the fabric, this one is called Garden of Life and is by Blackbird Designs....



Going to read these:



(I want to collect Pug books this year, this one is my first one :) If that Pug on the cover were a bit chunkier, he'd look just like my chunky monkey Scooby!)

Also, these:



Found that Country Home Holiday magazine at Barnes and Noble the other day and even though it's past the holidays, it was such a great issue, I'll keep it for next year!
It had CUTE CUPCAKES in it too, lol!

(And now is a good time to subscribe to Country Home, if you go to www.bestdealmagazines.com, you can get it for $4.69 a year! No affiliation, blah, blah, blah....just a happy customer)!

And then there's this baby:





Lotsa lovin' going on there :)

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Just seeing if comments are working...a friend said she couldn't leave one...I know! I'll just start commenting on my own posts. It's a lot like talking to yourself, only in writing!

Anonymous said...

your BBD garden of life is coming together really nice!

and astro, well, from one puppy mom to another, all puppies are cuties. we'll be needing pics soon of both astro and scooby!

Anonymous said...

I love the Amy Sedaris book!!!
My mom bought me a copy for Christmas and I read it the very next day from front to back and just laughed and laughed. She is hi-lar-i-ous.

XOXOXO
Jackie