December 24, 2007

Christmastime is here



Oh my. That last post was written days ago and then was promptly forgotten about. I think I was considering adding something to it but got carried away with holiday preparations and forgot what that something was. Pretty much the whole state of my life right now.

The other day, I had a whole list of stuff to get done. For whatever reason I was rushing myself along...no one standing over me saying "hurry A, hurry"...just me, myself and I, happily buzzing along. Putting on a coat of face paint, then go to brush my hair real quick and JAB!! Right below my eyebrow with my thumbnail. Yes, I almost poked my own eye out. It hurt, but since I was in a rush, didn't pay that much attention to it, and par for the course, forgot about doing it. Ran a bunch of errands, talked with people, etc. Then, later on as I was driving, noticed this throbbing pain over my left eye. pull the visor down and look...imagine my surprise to see part of my skin hanging off and blood! Hmm...maybe people were too scared to ask me what happened...anyway, cleaned it off and then had a lovely scab there for days. I decided right then and there to slow myself down...getting everything done... definitely not worth poking your eye out!

and with that, some images from the tree and around the house:










Merry Christmas to my sweet friends out there. Thank you all so much for your presence in my life. Peace to you. And love too.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Andrea!!

BugnLVoe said...

What a wonderful post Andrea. :-)
Love all the pictures.
I am so sorry about your eye. ouch.
"Merry Christmas"

XOXO

Melissa said...

Andrea--love seeing all the pictures. Very inspiring. Merry Christmas and check your email!

Anonymous said...

I love the ornaments you've shown here! And your cross stitch pieces are wonderful, as usual. I have that Shepherd's Bush "Christmas Drawers" pattern AND frame, and I've yet to stitch it. Yours is inspiring me to pull my kit out and get it done for next year.

Nancy said...

Everything looks so cozy Andrea - beautiful! I love your ornaments - they look so special! Take care of your eye - hope it feels better soon.

Have a wonderful Christmas! And, thank you for your gift of friendship!

Leigh said...

Merry Christmas!! Hope y'all have a wonderful day!!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Andrea!
i love your stitched pieces!

joann in TX

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Andrea!

The ornaments and all the stitched pieces are lovely.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Andrea. I loved your pictures. I have NO Christmas decorations out this year (have been moving my 95 year old mother) so I am enjoying my daughter's Christmas Trees and hope next year I can get all my Christams things out again. Lois

BugnLVoe said...

Did you have a nice Christmas?

What did you make for Christmas dinner? Or did you go to someone's house?

Do you have plans for New Years Eve?

I am going to sit down in the next few days and go through all my Paula Deen magazines... I want to find a new chocolate dessert to take to our friend Patti's party. I also thought about taking those min cheesecakes w/ the nilla wafer and cherry pie filling, those are so easy and yummy.

Any ideas for me?

XOXO

Anonymous said...

This posts reminds me of that Christmas show "You'll Shoot your EYE out", I forget the real name of the movie but the little boy wants a RED RIDER BB GUN. It's really a good movie.
Sorry, about your eye. Take care of yourself.

Happy NEW Year, :) Bren

http://benzy55.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Michelle said...

Hope your eye is ok by now and that you had a lovely Christmas. The photos around your home are wonderful!