May 08, 2008

that's all folks

OK, since it's obvious I can't think of anything more interesting to post about than my cupcake books, two
of which
didn't even make it into the picture, this will be my last post for a while. I am sitting around here trying to think of things to post about, like the contents of my purse or what my favorite body lotions are, and I'm pretty sure that's not of much concern to anyone. Those that blog every day, I salute you! Not sure how you do it. Me, I'm just not that much fun.

On the stitching front, I am trying to finish up something I've been hired to stitch.
I'd messed up on it big time and had to start completely over. OMG, such a bummer!

And I'm also working on my Village of Hawk Run Hollow, which has been posted about before on this blog, one year ago, and again here

Here it is in it's current state:





Since I stitch in hand, I have to work right to left because if I go the other way, it's too much to hold and problems start up in my hand and shoulder.



And I save filling in areas, like that bottom right block, for when I'm stitching with my friend, it's mindless enough (no counting), that I can chatter away and not have to worry about messing up.



Anyway, I'm working on it diligently so when it's finished I can start on Shores!
(Oh, and I'm pretty sure I'm the only stitcher on the face of the earth stitching all of my Hawk Run pieces in DMC and not NPI silks. Love the silks, have a bunch, just chose to do my first one in DMC and stuck with it, so there)!

Also working on Summer House, an old Loose Feathers by Blackbird Designs.



It's not photographing well for whatever reason, but there it is.



So...back to work...lots of projects! Thanks for looking and take care!
Andrea

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your stuff, especially BBD's. I hope your stitching job works out alright. I, myself, am waiting for a sewing accessories set to be stitched by someone--I hope it turns out great.

Paisley said...

Good luck with your Village! I started mine last month but haven't made much progress. Nice to see someone else stitching from right to left, too!

Katrina said...

Love your village, it's such a pretty piece. The BBD piece is so nice too, it's one of my UFOs :-).

Nancy said...

I couldn't post every day either Andrea!

Your WIPs are gorgeous! Your Village is coming along nicely. I started Houses a loooong time ago, and I haven't touched it in a year or more. And, no you're not the only one, I'm stitching mine in DMC too!

Love Summer House - the colors are gorgeous!

Teri said...

Looks to me like you still have plenty to share with us, so don't stay away too long. I enjoy reading your posts and looking at your work. Your Adam and Eve samplers finally got me to comment, although all of your pieces are beautiful. Keep stitching and posting!

Sue said...

Your Village looks super, hang in there ;)