October 29, 2008

best time of the year...

There really is something about that first bit of crisp air we get here in Texas...where the big sky is the most perfect shade of blue than any other time of year...that sets my heart all "a flutter". Aw, Fall. It's what gets me through the summer. In my entire life, it's always been my favorite time of the year. Always. Fall knows me like no other season...

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it,
and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth
seeking the successive autumns."
- George Eliot



Good things happen in the fall, like back in October of 1984 when my son was born...
and some traumatic things have happened as well, like the worst automobile wreck of my life in November of '97 and two weeks later, in December of that year (which usually still feels like Fall instead of Winter), my husband having a heart attack and almost dying...
but even as I was leaving the hospital to go home and tend to our children, walking to the (new-ish) car (the replacement for the totalled one, see above)...somehow I knew everything would be OK. Those leaves crunching under my feet promised me hope, I can't explain it, but there it is...

anyway, now it's almost 11 years since all that happened and we've been through a lot since that time too. We're all the better for it. Some people find hope and promise in Spring, but for us, our hearts are saved by Fall....


and some Fall and "Halloweenie" stitching to share...



(again, with the craptastic pics, wish I had my old camera back!) sorry for the bad pictures...

This one is Trick or Treat by Shepherd's Bush




and this one is Pumpkin Hill...




also by Shepherd's Bush



There are some other fall finishes to share, hope to get a decent picture to post here soon.

In the meantime....enjoy the season and all it brings into our lives...we're so lucky to live in a free country, where we aren't forced to be one way or the other and we are free and ABLE to vote where our hearts lead us, and free to enjoy the people and places and things that mean the most to us...and know that they love us and enjoy us in return...

Godspeed my friends...

8 comments:

Veronica said...

Beautiful Shepherd's Bush finishes. Both are incredibly cute. Congratulations!

Love your description of autumn. Thank you for sharing.

BugnLVoe said...

Im a fall girl too :-)

Love the stitching.

XOXO

Unknown said...

nice finishes andrea i love both of thmem soo cute

Nancy said...

Fall is a wonderful season, isn't it? There is just something so comforting about it. I hope that you and your family can enjoy every minute of it this year with no hardships.

I love your finishes Andrea! Both of them are just beautiful!

Cindy F. said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. It reminds us we all have reasons to be bitter, but the blessings far outway the bad and I feel your appreciation for that:)
Love your SB's! Just beautiful!
Have a wonderful day!

Sharon said...

Beautiful finishes! Though we don't get the true change of seasons here in Fla. it has been blissfully cool here and like you I can't help but think how lovely it is.

Anonymous said...

Great post about autumn. I love it, too! You do such lovely stitchwork.

Michelle said...

I love this post - there is definitely something about this time of year...love it! (Even with things that have happened this time of year, I am still looking forward to it again...just like you!)