May 05, 2010

an oldie and a winner

First things first, the winner of the Mary's Best Handework chart is Alice from France! Alice, I'll be emailing you soon for your mailing address!

Here's the oldie I was referring to in the title:



The design is from Blackbird Designs, but I can't really recall which book it's from. Maybe Summer Souvenir? **edited to add - the design is from the Tokens of Friendship book** It was stitched on 40 ct. Autumn Gold from R&R, with one strand overdyed threads, whatever it called for :-) The fabric is much darker in person than what's showing here.
Someone (can't remember who, sorry), had posted a picture of this design on their blog and it made me remember that I had stitched it! Knew it was in the finished pile, not yet framed, so I went digging for it. Can hardly believe it's been 6 years since I stitched it! Goodness! So it will be headed to the framers this weekend, about time, don't-cha-think? That finished pile really needs some working on, that much is true :-)

Have a great week y'all!

22 comments:

Karen said...

How pretty is that! Don't remember this design. Can't wait to see if framed. Thanks for sharing.

Ranae said...

Very pretty BBD finish.
Congrats! to Alice

Unknown said...

Congrats to Alice! Love your finish and can't wait to see how you frame it!

Have a good wee.k Andrea

Melissa said...

Love-ly!

Margaret said...

You definitely need to get this framed! Gorgeous!

Natasha said...

Fantastic finish I look forward to the framing picture :)

Catherine said...

Very pretty - I'll be watching to see what frame you choose!

Lois said...

Looking forward to seeing this framed. It's such a lovely piece!

Alice said...

Oooh, I am so happy I won the chart!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you Andrea!!! I am definately stitching it and real soon. I was completely enchanted when I saw it stitched. I am so chuffed now and smiling from ear to ear. : )
Such a pretty oldie from BB in your finished pile. I don't remember EVER seeing the design but I do have a thing for those "When you see this" charts with that writing.
Lovely colours too.
Have a great weekend too.
Hugs
Alice

Nancy said...

I love the colors in your sampler. Your stitching always makes everything beautiful!

Congratulations to Alice!

Carol said...

Congratulations to Alice!

What a lovely BBD--the colors are just beautiful. Will be back to see it all framed up :)

Katrina said...

I have a couple pieces that need to be framed. For the most part, I frame as I go. I love you ladies that have piles ;-). It's gorgeous and I can't wait to see how you frame it.

Melanie said...

Very pretty!!!

K-G Knitter said...

That's a very pretty BBD finish!

Julie M said...

Beautiful finish! Can't wait to see it framed.

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Siobhán said...

Congratulations to Alice!!

I love that BBD, Andrea. I can't wait to see what frame you choose--you have the best taste in frames!

Have a great Mother's Day weekend!

Sharon said...

Andrea, I love that finish! It's gorgeous. You must remember the book-it's not Souvenirs as I have that one and I had to go look.LOL

angelasweby said...

Andrea, Remember Me looks absolutely lovely. I really like the colours. How amazing that you stitched it 6 years ago, poor little thing. Lucky you saw it on someone's blog and made the pretty sentiment come true :>)
Well done to Alice on winning the giveaway.
Angela xx

mainely stitching said...

That really is a gorgeous piece - so glad you dug it out and will get it framed!

Joy said...

So I'm not the only one to stitch and collect "piles"! I can't believe that book is that old; now I remember stitching "Summer's Souvenir" for the book. Can't wait to see it framed!

Michelle said...

Beautiful! I love that you saw this piece on another blog and went digging for yours. Time to have it framed for sure!