October 22, 2007

cold snap

Aww, finally having a cold spell here, feels so good! Bet it doesn't last, Texas weather doesn't stay one way or the other for very long. I enjoyed putting on my Pug socks someone had given me and my long pants to go to work, lol! Even though that is the best thing about summer (to me), just slipping on sandals and going!

Stitching wise, I haven't gotten much done, just all over the place because of problems with my shoulder and hands and not being able to stitch for very long. Working on a couple of different things, will show some progress pics later in the week when I have time to get out the camera.

Here's something for you to look at though ;)




It's an old Twisted Threads design, appropriately named Strawberries, if I recall correctly. Stitched over one on 32 ct. I just recently put it in this hanging tuck pillow that I'd bought from Tobie and it's now hanging off of a knob on my china cabinet in the dining room.

All of the prizes from my drawing went out last week, so hopefully everyone has gotten them by now, or will very soon. I have heard from KsMaryLou that hers arrived, which is a good thing! Thanks for letting me know ML!

We have new living room furniture arriving on Wednesday, I'm so excited! The tables have display space in them, if that makes sense. The tops are glass and then you can open up the area below to put things in that you want to display. Guess what's going in most of them? LOL! I told DH he gets ONE of the end tables for his stuff and the other two tables are for me!
That's fair, right? Once I get them loaded up and arranged, I'll post some pics.

10 comments:

Nancy said...

Your Strawberries are beautiful Andrea! These will look so nice hanging in your dining room. I love everything about strawberries.

I'm really excited to see your new furniture. Display tables sound wonderful! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrea, I think you're being generous giving your DH one of those display table tops for his stuff! ;) I can't wait to see pics of the new furniture! Your Strawberry piece is lovely! I hope you are feeling better soon.

BugnLVoe said...

I am sorry about your shoulder and hands Andrea. :-( I hope it's nothing serious.

XOXO

Anonymous said...

Great strawberries! I hope you'll post a pic of your new tables; they sound great! And let me guess, you are going to fill your half with your yo-yo collection, right? LOL

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the problems with your shoulders and hands. Hope you're feeling well enough to stitch again soon.

By the way, those display tables sound fantastic. Can't wait to see what they look like when you've finished with them!

Teresa said...

I got my prize. My black cat is so cute. I will post sometime today. Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

The strawberry piece is cute! I'm sorry to hear your shoulder and hand are giving you problems and here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

I can't wait to see a pic of those tables with all your wonderful stitching!

Anonymous said...

I got my pumpkin prize today... thanks so much!! I love it!

Anonymous said...

i have been waiting FOREVER for the cool temps to get here! yeah!!!

the twisted threads strawberries look great in the tobie made tuck pillow! i like the flat tuck pillows too!

can't wait to see the new furniture!

Deborah said...

So cute! I love the strawberries and the framing!